Tuesday 8 September 2009

Hi.

I travelled to Cardiff by train last Thursday with the East Region Swimming team to compete at my third UK School Games. I was really excited as this is my favourite competition every year.

In 2007, I won 2 silver medals and last year I won 2 golds. This year I was entered in 3 events, so I was really looking forward to this.

On the Thursday, we had the opening ceremony at Cardiff Bay. A young and talented breakdancer and a chior performed before the loud music, lasers and fireworks kicked us into being very hungry athletes.

I trained on Friday morning with the rest of the team to prepare for my 2 races that I would be competing in, in the afternoon.

I raced in the 50m Freestyle and 100m Back, and just finished outside my PB's. I was a bit disappointed but defended my title in the 50m Freestyle as I stood on top of the podium like last year. I also acheived a bronze medal
in the 100m Backstroke. It was brilliant top be on the podium and could not wait to race in the 100m Freestyle on the next day.
I was back at Swansea the next day to race in my favourite event. I was really fired up and wanted to touch the wall in under 1 minute for the first time in a 50m pool. That unfortuantly did not happen. I had swam a great first half of the race but failed to bring the race home as quick. I did win another bronze but I was gutted about the time, but now I have to move on and learn from my great and tough experiences. Can not wait for the UK School Games next year, when they will take place in Sunderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment